CERTIFICATION PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Futurelink, in collaboration with iFusion Foundation and City of Corona, is excited to launch this amazing certification program to acknowledge students for their achievements and involvement in STEAM related activities and innovation. We invite students ages 10-14 to join our Junior STEAM Certification Program. Successful applicants gain lifelong access to exclusive educational opportunities, an award in recognition of their successful completion of the certificate, and an opportunity to present their project in front of city officials at City Hall.
During the program, students will develop problem solving, research, innovation, and collaboration skills under mentorship with Futurelink’s skilled STEAM educators, utilizing our proven hands-on learning approach. They will leverage these skills to complete their capstone project. This project will be chosen by the student based on their unique interests, and is focused on working to solve a real-world problem.
Twice a year, Futurelink’s Junior STEAM Certification program will invite members to participate in innovation projects. Each project is preceded by 5 months of STEAM activities/projects to arm students with the skills needed to effectively develop innovative projects using the Scientific Method or the Engineering Design Process using inquiry-based learning approaches.
For those curious minds who love to explore and innovate but are not yet ready for the certification program: you can also participate by becoming a Futurelink Club member for level 1 and level 2 STEAM activities. Get your STEAM PlayZone Club hourly passes or STEAM PlayZone Club Membership today to empower & prepare your child for the future with STEAM!
PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS :
- 6 months of project based learning based on NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards)
- Build necessary foundation in areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math
- Learn from subject expert coaches
- Learn to recognize and use connections, relationships and patterns among the STEAM fields.
- Capstone project at the end of the program allows you to showcase your innovation and skills
- Solve a real world challenge using the knowledge you have built, under mentorship of coaches
Build Necessary Skill & Knowledge Foundation During the Program
To prepare for the final innovation project, students will take part in hands-on learning during the first 5 months to understand Science, Technology, and Engineering, Arts & Math concepts. Moreover, students will extensively work in groups to build collaboration and team building skills. Our inquiry-based learning approach will help them strengthen their problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Learn from Our STEAM Expert/Coaches
Students will work with our skilled STEAM experts/coaches throughout the program. Our coaches not only mentor students but also challenge them to find their full potential through individualized instruction and one-on-one coaching.
Solve Real Word Problems
At the end of the program, students will work on a project to solve a real world problem with the help of the STEAM coaches. Coaches will guide students through the completion of the project.
- Certificate of accomplishment
- Special recognition from Futurelink and City of Corona.
- Opportunity to present your innovation in front of city officials.
- Build portfolio to showcase your skills and accomplishments.
- Feel proud & increase confidence with your achievement.
- A participant must be between the ages of 10-14 years.
- Application must be filled out before the deadline.
- Finish all the required activities to qualify for the capstone project at the end of the program.
- Adhere to all the rules & policies listed in the application.
- Ability to work in group settings or in collaboration with others
- Be present on the presentation day to accept an award during the ceremony.
TUITION & REGISTRATION
Registration Deadline: Jan 10, 2019
Program Duration: 6 months
Activity Time: Each activity is 50 Min to 1 hour
Program Times: Mon: 5-6 or 6-7 PM or Sat 2-3 or 3-4 PM
Registration Fee: $25 per application
Program Cost : $99 per month per person
Sibling discount: $10 off per month for each sibling